Monday, February 13, 2006

The Piano Man

Billy Joel escreveu “Piano Man” em 1973, no album "Piano Man" e depois passou a ser conhecido com “The Piano Man” – Engracado que aqui o autor ganhou o nome da obra. A musica eh excelente, figura em nove de cada dez Top10 70’s songs. Se vc nao conhece, conheca. Frequentadores de bar e outros bichos irao especialmente apreciar a letra (amostra abaixo)

It’s nine o’clock on a Saturday /The regular crowd shuffles in / There’s an old man sitting next to me / Makin’ love to his tonic and gin / Now john at the bar is a friend of mine / He gets me my drinks for free / And he’s quick with a joke or to light up your smoke / But there’s someplace that he’d rather be / He says, Bill, I believe this is killing me. / As the smile ran away from his face / Well I’m sure that I could be a movie star / If I could get out of this place / Now Paul is a real estate novelist / Who never had time for a wife / And he’s talkin’ with davy who’s still in the navy / And probably will be for lifeAnd the waitress is practicing politics / As the businessmen slowly get stoned /Yes, they’re sharing a drink they call loneliness / But it’s better than drinkin’ alone

Pra quem quiser saber o que vem a ser um “real state novelist”, Billy explica nessa entrevista.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home